Labels

Sunday, September 18, 2016

Eyebrows..

4:23am

I work tomorrow,
Better yet, today
In a few hours
a few as in exactly what
it means
three to four hours
passing,
I will need to reawaken
to my weeks schedule of
home health
aiding a 89 year old
man.
I can't sleep.
He watches, as I
speak
carelessly into the computer
another picked out for me
It means nothing
He as always been there
for me
and I will do the same
with him
But he stares
as if not ready to join
his regular regimen
of sobriety, work, and anti drug related
meetings.
The ones I will never
again
go to
Ewww
I listen to my pop artist
"Brap, brap braaappp"
Shootin her ego all over
the record
ya damn right
I love him, yes,
I do
I always have
but never like this
and this, hasn't even been
made clear
or even felt
to such extremities
where its called,
"being in"
the so called
love
whatever that it, anyway
let him sleep,
between the sheets
under the blanket
I've kept for
myself
and myself
only.
I guess I will
have to submerge into
his safe and comfort zone
later
when I, too, become cool
and resting
Ha-
the excitement never leaves
rain or shine
no matter what
I will always
conquer
what is mine.
This I know.
As do they.
Good luck, Chuck.
Ha-
4:35am Sunday, September 18th, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment