Labels

Friday, November 11, 2016

So Far

So Far
01/27/15

So Far

So far away
something that feels 
so easily to acquire 
makes it rather
tempting to
not even bother
So Far
I've sent a letter
the one that begins
the trend
of us 
back and forth
leaving to work
thinking of you
counting the days
till the next visit
smiling 
as the sun hits my face
but this time
this time
today
its different
So Far
we are far 
from where we were
very far
not at all close to
how we used to be
reading each others minds
telling secrets through
air, into eyes
yours and mine
So Far
you once again get 
caught up in the world
caught
into a place you've been
so close yet 
So Far
I cannot reach you
I can only send my vibes
my emotions towards you
in hope you feel the extent of 
my unyielding heart
thumps, thumping with such
emotion
packed into such a small
structure
and 
So Far
there's the science
trying to justify
what the mind cannot 
understand
there's no plan
none
none to go by
none to live by
only the thought
of you and I
but who knows
So Far
it's only been a few days
you crossed through the
desserts of my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment